With probably no exceptions, this corruption is the direct and major cause of every U.S. and world problem you care about (if any).
You can help fix this.
On Tuesday, May 11th, 2021, the U.S. Senate Rules Committee will be discussing potential changes to the most important bill to come before them in your lifetime. The bill is the For the People Act. It stops billionaires from buying elections. To protect the future of your family, the U.S., and the rest of the world you should call your Senators now, tell them that this is the most important bill in your lifetime, and insist that they vote for this bill with all its provisions intact. Use this link to find the phone numbers for your Senators and an example of what to say, https://tinyurl.com/ybglk4zq . (You will probably leave a voicemail whose gist will be conveyed to the senator by an intern. Your call will make a difference.)
Q: What is the For the People Act?
A: The For the People Act is an anti-corruption bill. The three most important provisions of the bill are:
- It reduces the impact of billionaires on elections by providing providing public campaign financing for small donors.
- It fortifies campaign finance rules by curbing dark money and making it harder to sidestep campaign contribution limits.
- It ends the ability of congress members to draw their own voting districts so that they cannot be voted out, i.e. it ends gerrymandering.
It also secures our voting systems, modernizes voter registration, and strengthens ethics rules for the president, vice president, and Supreme Court.
Q: Who supports it?
A: 67% of American voters and these organizations. The Koch Brothers-affiliated advocacy group Stand Together has invested “substantial resources” researching this bill and concluded that the bill is broadly popular with the American public.
Q: Is the U.S. government really corrupt?
A: Like I stated earlier, yes, https://act.represent.us/sign/the-problem-tmp .
Q: I am a Republican. I hear on Fox News that I am supposed to be against this.
A: This bill is important enough that you should do your own research and form your own opinion. Let me give you some pointers:
- This bill aims to reduce the impact billionaires have on elections. The billionaires donate more to Democrats, https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-white-house-victory-fueled-by-record-shattering-145m-in-dark-money-report-says .
- “When presented with a very neutral description” of the bill, “people were generally supportive,” McKenzie said, adding that “the most worrisome part … is that conservatives were actually as supportive as the general public was when they read the neutral description.” In fact, he warned, “there’s a large, very large, chunk of conservatives who are supportive of these types of efforts.” – source
- If you are into personal views and opinions then read this, https://www.pilotonline.com/opinion/columns/vp-ed-column-carlson-0417-20210416-djyyvx2xbfa6teivmxskxfajrm-story.html .
- Here’s what Represent Us says, https://act.represent.us/sign/conservative-case-people-act/ .
Q: My call won’t change anything because my senator will vote for it regardless.
A: Your senator should be doing more than just voting for this bill, like getting Republican senators to vote for it and modifying the filibuster. Your senator may be voting for this bill, but that does not mean you should not emphasize its importance.
Q: My call won’t change anything because my senator will not vote for it regardless.
A: That’s not true. If a significant number of the people who keep that senator in power (i.e. voters) told that senator that they must vote for this bill then he/she would. Politicians want to remain in power.
Q: I am too scared to call my senators.
A: Well, I am disappointed in you. There is no substitute for calling them. But you can contribute in other ways:
- Sign the petition, https://act.represent.us/sign/senate-pass-people-act/ .
- Email your friends and family (a link to this post, for example).
- Donate, https://represent.us/join-common-wealth/ .
- Text bank, https://www.mobilize.us/crooked/event/379091/ .
- Phone bank, https://vol.represent.us/a/pb_51121 .
- Send memes to your followers, https://act.represent.us/sign/for-the-people-act-social-toolkit/ .
Learn more, https://votesaveamerica.com/forthepeople/ .